Azur unchanged maintains his lead in the overall standings
A day after the conclusion of the 52 Super Series 2019, Riviera retains unchanged at 11 point lead in the overall standings of Platoon, his immediate pursuer. The boat YCCS is in second position in the event of Porto Cervo, Sled behind the provisional leader.
After the intense Maestrale yesterday that forced him to abandon racing today the Race Committee was able to play three tests with Maestrale that from the initial 8 knots, with significant fluctuations, went to escalate up to 18 nodes in the third race.
In the first race Azzurra, while the game very well, had a little technical problem after departure. “The first test has made life difficult, despite the good start, said the skipper Guillermo Parada. We crossed in front of Platoon, but in the next turn we had a problem with the mainsail traveler that made us lose two lengths and allowed Quantum to recover over us making us lose touch with the leading group. Conversely it would be another race. ”
The eighth place in the first race, against the partial victory of Platoon, did not, however, broken the Azzurra team, which reacted to the fullest. In the two subsequent tests, both won by Sled, Riviera placed second maintaining unchanged at 11 points his advantage in the general classification of Platoon, in turn, third and eighth demonstrating how the field values are leveled at the top. “For the rest we had a solid day – continued Parada – with two second places ahead of our opponents.”
In the second race there was battle between Azzurra and Platoon, from the start on the pin. The boat YCCS is elongated, however, thanks to a better tack on the first beat, approaching the windward mark in second position behind and in front of Sled Platoon. Despite the attempted attacks, the German boat remained third behind Azur. The third test, with wind rose up to 18 knots, he has awarded the brave choice of Riviera to cross behind many of its competitors in the first leg in order to navigate in clean air, outside the coverage of the sails opponents. The fleet has arrived compact at the first windward mark, where Azur is cleverly managed to turn second behind Sled maintaining the position until the arrival with Quantum Racing third.
The ranking of the Audi Super 52 Series Sailing Week Porto Cervo Sled sees the lead with 9 points ahead of Azzurra. Third Quantum Racing. Tomorrow, 28 September, the first warning signal is anticipated at 11 with the intention to play three tests in the last day of racing. Forecasts indicate Mistral wind between 10 and 22 knots.
Azur unchanged maintains his lead in the overall standings of the 52 Super Series
SUPER SERIES 52 Audi Sailing Week Porto Cervo after six trials
1. Sled (USA) (Takashi Okura) (1,2,6,2,1,1) 13 p.
2. Riviera (ARG / ENG) (Alberto / Pablo Roemmers) (3,5,2,8,2,2) 22 p.
3. Quantum Racing (USA) (Doug DeVos) (5,3,7,4,5,3) 27p.
4. Platoon (GER) (Harm Müller-Spreer) (8,4,4,1,3,8) 28 p.
5. Phoenix 11 (RSA) (Tina Plattner) (6,6,3,7,4,5) 31 puntos.
6. Provezza (TUR) (Ergin Imre) (2,7,8,3,6,6) 32 p.
7. Bronenosec (RUS) (Vladimir Liubomirov) (4,10,1,5,7,7) 34 p.
8. Alegre (USA / GBR) (Andrés Soriano) (9,1,5,10,9,9) 43 p.
9. Gladiator (GBR) (Tony Langley) (7,8,9,9,8,4) 45 p.
10. Team Future Vision (FRA) (Jean Jacques Chaubard) (10,9,11DNF, 6,10,10) 56 p.
52 SUPER SERIES Provisional overall standings:
1. Azur (ARG / ITA) (Alberto / Pablo Roemmers) 154 p.
2. Platoon (GER) (Harm Müller-Spreer) 165 p.
3. Quantum Racing (USA) (Doug DeVos) 171 p.
4. Bronenosec (RUS) (Vladimir Liubomirov) 181 p.
5. Provezza (TUR) (Ergin Imre) 190 p.
6. Alegre (USA / GBR) (Andrés Soriano) 213 p.
7. Sled (USA) (Takashi Okura) 215 p.
8. Phoenix 11 (RSA) (Tina Plattner) 232 p.
52 SUPER SERIES 2019
Menorca 52 Super Series Sailing Week,
May 21th – 25 th, Menorca, Spain.
Puerto Sherry 52 Super Series Royal Cup,
June 18th – 22th Cadiz, Spain.
Cascais 52 Super Series Sailing Week,
July16th – 20th Cascais, Portugal.
Rolex TP52 World Championship Puerto Portals 2019,
August 25th – 29th Mallorca Spain.
Audi Super 52 Series Sailing Week, Porto Cervo
September 23th – 28rd Sardinia, Italy.
Pablo and Alberto Roemmers – Owners
Guillermo Parada – Skipper, Helm
Santiago Lange – Tactician
Bruno Zirilli – Navigator
John Cassinari – Mainsail
Mariano Caputo – Bowman
Juan Pablo Marcos – Midbow
David Vera – Pitman
Grant Loretz- Trimmer
Ciccio Celon – Trimmer
Mariano Parada – Trimmer
Gabriel Marino – Grinder
Alejandro Colla – Grinder
Nicola Pier – Grinder
Pedro Rossi-Boat Captain
Coach: Guillermo Baquerizas
Sail performances: Gonzalo Ramos Vertiz